[iframe src=”http://blip.tv/play/h61qgsXLEQA.html” width=”100%” height=”378″]
- First, I wanted to setup a Linux environment to use on Windows 7 for actual Linux stuff. As part of this I had to setup shared folders to the host operating system from the guest.
- Second, I wanted to use Subversion (svn) to checkout some code (for the first time, for me).
So, in this screencast we will be:
- Setting up a Virtual Machine and installing Ubuntu Server (10.10)
- Setting up the required dependencies to install VirtualBox Guest Additions
- Setting up VirtualBox Guest Additions and setting up and using shared folders on the host system
- Installing and using Subversion (svn) to checkout some Google Code
- Taking a snapshot in VirtualBox of our successful setup
This has been put in Code & Development because I will soon be using the virtual environment to run a local LAMP server (for a later screencast).